The Uniqueness of an Infrared Sauna

Why is this Infrared Thermal System unique?

An ir sauna in Darien is provides a unique approach to sauna therapy. What makes this infrared thermal system unique?

It uses infrared radiant energy to directly penetrate the body’s tissues to a depth of over 1.5″. Its energy output is tuned to correspond very closely to the body’s own radiant energy that our bodies absorb as much as 93% of the infrared waves that reach our skin.

A conventional sauna must rely only on indirect means of heat: First on convection (air currents) and then conduction (direct contact of hot air with the skin) to produce its healing effect on us. In an Infrared Thermal System, less than 20% of the infrared energy heats the air, leaving over 80% available to be directly converted to heat within our bodies. Thus an infrared-based system can warm its user(s) to a much greater depth and much more efficiently than a conventional sauna, as its energy output is primarily used to convert energy directly to heat in us and not to create excessively hot air that then only heats the skin superficially. This crucial difference explains many of the unprecedented benefits reported to be available through an Infrared Thermal System not attainable through the use of a conventional sauna.

The infrared energy applied in the Infrared Thermal System may induce up to 2 ~ 3 times the sweat volume of a traditional hot-air sauna while operating at a significantly cooler air temperature range of 110� to 130�F vs. 180� to 235�F for hot-air saunas. The lower heat range is safer for those concerned about cardiovascular risk factors that might be adversely affected by the higher temperatures encountered in old-style hot-air saunas. German researchers report beneficial effects from an hour-long whole-body infrared exposure in two groups of hypertension patient that they studied in 1989, including a 24 hour-long increase in peripheral blood flow and a decrease in high blood pressure.

It is also distinctly more pleasant to breathe in Infrared Saunas with air temperatures about 50� to 125�F cooler than in traditional hot-air saunas according to Due to its user-friendly nature, people naturally prefer to use the Infrared Sauna Systems and will continue to do so on a regular basis because of the ease of breathing the much cooler air while feeling as warm as they choose, and the distinct feeling of well-being reported by users as an aftereffect. These Infrared Sauna Systems may even be used with the door fully open if the only effect desired is infrared penetration, or if a very cool, minimal-sweating experience is desired as a pre-activity warm-up while fully clothed. This approach might be used in warming up prior to stretching, working out, running, or exposure to cold weather.

Infrared Saunas are easier and more comfortable to use than old-fashioned hot-air saunas. The conventional hot-air saunas require extensive warm-up periods of 30 ~ 90 minutes, making them much less practical than the modern Infrared Saunas that warm up in about 5 minutes at a room temperature. Consistent and convenient at-home use is thus, again, much more likely with an Infrared Sauna System. Significantly lower operating costs make the Infrared Sauna System more desirable than a regular sauna. A 20-minute session, including a 5 minute warm-up in the Infrared Sauna, costs about 5 cents of electricity. A comparable session with a full warm-up in a conventional sauna costs about $.75 ~ $1.00. Daily usage of the Infrared Sauna System will raise your electrical bill by only $1.50 a month compared to $22.50 to $30.00 a month in a conventional sauna if each is used for 20 minutes after warm-up.

Infrared Sauna Systems bring you the same infrared rays experienced in the traditional American Indian sweat lodge in a much more convenient and practical form, and in the privacy of your own home. The cleansing and purifying benefits attributed to the traditional sweat lodges are now available for daily purification without the time-consuming and extremely labor-intensive set-up processes that a sweat lodge requires.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *